Egg production is one of the most important characteristics of chickens for a breeder. Birds may well roam, but then drastically reduce performance, have good breed characteristics, but give few eggs when breeding at home. How to increase egg laying hens? Below in the article will be given detailed practical advice on this issue.
What influences the level of egg production?
Several general factors affect chicken production. Knowing about them in more detail, you can independently monitor the productivity of birds.
- Only breeds of hens of an egg direction can give for a season to 300, and even more eggs. Meat and meat-egg breeds rush less, so even under ideal conditions they will not be able to give the breeder more than 200-250 eggs per year and this is a very high rate.
- The second factor affecting egg production is the content. The more comfortable the bird, the more productivity you can expect from it. So to save on the arrangement of the chicken coop is inappropriate in terms of profit.
The process of forming eggs in chicken
- Feeding is the easiest method to control egg production at home. The abundance of vitamin, minerals, the correct mode allow for a few days to increase the number of eggs produced several times. It is true that such food will need to spend a lot of money, but it's worth it. Chickens themselves will pay off.
- Walking is also important if the breeder is interested in how to increase the egg production of chickens. Walks have a good effect on the state of any living organism: birds get vitamin D, breathe fresh air, stretch their muscles, their wings get completely healthy. Such an active life only positively affects them.
- Even with the best content, walking and feeding, you also need to take care of the bird. If she lives in a dirty, but spacious hen house and eats from a dirty trough, then productivity will decrease. Moreover, eating such eggs would be unsafe!
- A significant role is played by the age of laying hens. The most productive period is the first three years of life, then the egg production is greatly reduced. Therefore, to get more eggs, you need to update the livestock all the time.
How to choose a breed of chickens?Read also these articles.
- Calf diseases and treatment
- Why does garlic turn yellow
- Marinated cabbage for winter
- How to sprout wheat for chickens
Record for egg production
If chickens are turned up to get eggs, you need to buy only egg breed. Among the champions in egg production is to highlight Lohman-Brown, High-Line, Leggorn, Russian White, Highsex, Iza Brown, etc. If eggs are an additional profit, in addition to meat, then meat-egg or meat breed is acquired. But in this case, indicators of 300 or more units / year can not be expected, they are carried modestly - 150-250 eggs per season with very good conditions.
It is important to note that although the breed affects the egg production, it is possible to increase productivity not only by the “professional” layer, but also by the simplest, meat trend. All the factors described above can increase the egg production rate of chickens at home, are applicable to breeds of any direction and they actually work. Recently we painted - the best breeds of laying hens.
What are the necessary conditions of detention?
Conditions of detention directly affect the livelihood of egg-laying hens. The better equipped chicken coop and walking, the better.
Comfortable maintenance is the key to increasing egg production.
- The chicken coop is built in such a way that it has a lot of space. The larger it is, the easier it will be to clean and walk. Each bird is given 0.2-0.5 square meters. Too much space too bad.
- Lighting affects the ovaries, and, that is, the performance of each layer. Therefore, large windows are made in the hen house - it should be very bright during the day. It is necessary and artificial lighting, it will need in the fall and winter.
- The temperature in the chicken coop should be within +15 degrees throughout the winter and within +20 in summer. These are optimal conditions for birds, under which egg production increases. Significant reductions or increases in these indicators lead the bird to stress, which affects its productivity. So installation in the house of the heating system and some kind of conditioner or something like that is mandatory. But the air conditioner can harm the chickens, it is easy to catch a cold under it, so it is necessary to use airing in the summer or install a cooling system so that the birds are not under the direct flow of cold air.
- Cleaning is done as often as possible. When breeding poultry for sale eggs, the breeder must fully deal with it. This includes cleaning. The litter is changed every 3 days, the drinkers and feeders are cleaned daily, perches and nests - once a week, disinfection of the room - once a month, full-scale cleaning of the chicken coop, including window cleaning and cleaning of the web on all back streets. This is very important if the breeder wants to know how to increase the egg production of chickens at home!
- Walking settles down spacious, with a high fence, so that the bird could not jump over it or fly. Inside, healthy herbs are sown, various delicacies can be thrown in there throughout the day: insects, greens, vegetables, etc. The day-time feeding trough and drinking trough are also installed outside so that the birds do not run into the chicken coop just like that. A canopy from the rain and the sun, awning from the wind must be.
Proper dietWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Tago strawberry variety
- Raspberry jam
- Grape variety Augustine
- What to feed geese in winter and summer
To improve the quality characteristics of egg-laying chicken, you need to provide her with a full diet and follow the diet.
Approximate diet for laying hens (g per head per day)
- Feed laying hens can be 3 times a day. In the morning - as soon as they wake up, in the evening, 1 hour before bedtime of birds and in the afternoon, while they are on the run.
- In the morning is usually given a mixture of cereals and potatoes. Mass crushed and slightly moistened. Potatoes can not be put if there is no possibility, but the grain must be of high quality, clean and milled.
- During the day, mash is fed from a mixture of vegetables, herbs, and various vitamins. You can add meat and bone meal or purchase for birds of various beneficial insects.
- In the evening, again, hens are given cereals with or without vegetables.
- Water is poured into 2 drinkers. One is placed in the hen house, the second is on the run. It changes daily, even if the birds are not all finished! Dirty water can cause disease.
- Ideally, you need to calculate the required amount of proteins, fats, carbohydrates for laying hens in one or another period of the year, but since this is a troublesome business, you can simply purchase special vitamins, professional lines of animal feed - they fully comply with the balance of nutrients.
How to increase egg laying hens in winter?
The first thing that is required from the breeder in the winter to increase egg production at home is to increase daylight hours. It's pretty simple, chickens should have a similar winter daylight day with a summer one. Therefore, in the chicken coop, they turn on and off the light at a certain time so that the light day is about 10-12 hours.
The second important point is feeding. In winter, laying hens require a substitute for insects and grass: meat and bone meal and grass meal, fish waste, insects can also be bought at the pet store, and grass grown on the windowsill. Germinated grains are very useful for them, oats, barley or wheat will be suitable for germination.
Many breeders doubt that food or housing can significantly affect egg production. And yet it is. To understand how to increase the egg production of chickens, you need to see in them not a machine for getting food, but a living being. Only proper housing conditions and feeding can affect their vital signs and have a positive effect on productivity, including egg production.