Apricot jam can be made with several options. Apricots are sometimes cut into slices, cubes or left intact. For a change in taste and color, additional ingredients can be included in the dish. So there is something to choose from. But the main thing in this business is to find good, whole apricots. The variety can be any, but the fruits are always taken dense, and sometimes immature, so that they do not collapse during cooking.
Features cooking apricot jam
Apricot jam for the winter will be very tasty, with a rich aroma only if the recipe is observed.
- Apricot varieties for jam are taken a variety. Usually, conservation is made from the variety that is available in the garden or for sale. Nevertheless, the varieties Parnas, Iceberg, Lel, Black Velvet and Alyosha are considered favorites. It is their mistresses trying to get to make the best jam for the winter.
- Fruits desirable to take the same size. The fact is that, depending on the size of the apricots, it can be soaked with syrup for a long time or quickly!
- Jars for jam should be well washed before use (baking soda) and sterilized.
- If the apricot is soft, then it can be made into a mashed jam. It will taste no worse than jam slices!
- For cooking jam, a copper or stainless container with a thick bottom is usually used.
Important! The less jam is interfered with and the more careful it is, the safer will be apricot slices.
- To apricot does not fall apart in the cooking process, it is necessary to carry out cooking in several stages.
- Candied jam not everyone likes. To prevent this, it is necessary at the end of cooking to throw a little citric acid (4 g / 1 kg of fruit) into it.
Recipe for apricot jam for winterRead also these articles.
- Tomato variety Eagle beak
- The best varieties of oats
- Blue Favorite Duck
- Five-Minute Blackcurrant Jam Recipes
Photo of apricot jam
The first step is to present the simplest type of apricot jam, which can be made with ease in any kitchen.
- Dense apricots - 3 kg;
- Sugar - 3 kg.
- Apricots are washed and cut into halves (you can also into quarters or cubes - at will). The bone is removed.
- Fruits are filled with sugar, covered with a lid or towel and left until the apricot does not let the juice.
- When apricot juice appears, you need to put the container with them on medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook apricots no more than 5 minutes and set to cool.
Important! Different apricot varieties can produce juice at different times. It does not depend on sugar or its quantity, but only on the juiciness of the fruits, their density and many other nuances.
- The cooking procedure is repeated once again when the apricots have cooled. And cook them also 5 minutes.
- While the jam is hot, it is poured into cans, turned upside down and covered with a warm blanket.
For 24 hours, the jam will cool, and then it can be carried to the pantry.
Recipe for apricot jam slices with orange
Apricot jam slices with orange
Apricot jam with orange has not only orange flavor, but also taste! The apricot in this dish is almost completely interrupted by the taste of citrus, and yet the pleasant, sweet aftertaste of apricot remains unchanged.
- Apricots - 2 kg;
- Oranges - 2 kg;
- Sugar - 2 kg.
- Apricots are washed and peeled. Pure halves will be mashed using a blender or meat grinder.
- Apricot mashed potatoes are poured into a saucepan or a bowl with a thick bottom, covered with sugar and cooked on low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Oranges wash, cut and remove seeds. Peel cut is not worth it, it was she who gives a strong citrus scent. Now you need to skip the oranges through a meat grinder and add the resulting puree to the apricots, but only when they boil a little.
- Together with oranges, jam is boiled for another 5-10 minutes and turned off. It remains only to pour it on the banks, roll up and leave to cool.
Such a jam is not only tasty and healthy, but also has a unique, amber color.
Apricot seedless jam with brandyWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Plum grade Honey White
- Kuibyshev breed of sheep
- Raspberry care in summer
- Bronze wide-breasted turkey
Photo apricot jam with brandy
For those who love apricot jam, it is always interesting to try something new. Apricot jam for the winter with lemon and brandy has an atypical, cognac aroma and a pleasant, citric acidity.
- Apricots - 2 kg;
- Cognac - 300 ml;
- Lemon juice - 300 ml;
- Sugar - 2 kg.
- Apricots are washed and peeled. They need to be cut into 2-3 pieces so that there are quite large pieces, then they will not fall apart during the cooking process.
- Peeled fruits are placed in a container with a thick bottom, add lemon juice, brandy and fall asleep only 200 grams of sugar. The whole mixture is covered with a large towel and left for 5-10 hours.
- At the end of time, the apricots will start up the juice and must be identified on the stove. Jam is boiled for 10 minutes, until the fruit is soft. Then you need to fill the rest of the sugar (1800 g) and wait until it dissolves in the liquid.
- Now jam is cooked on medium heat for half an hour. It should begin to thicken. He is sometimes stirred.
- Banks for this jam should be well washed and sterilized.
- After the end of 30 minutes, jam can be distributed in jars and roll up.
Recipe for apricot jam with stones for the winter
Apricot jam with pits
Whole apricot jam is often more fragrant. And the whole fruit is less likely to boil soft and keep in shape in jars, therefore such conservation can be called more aesthetic.
- Apricots are solid, small - 1 kg;
- Sugar - 1.3 kg;
- Water - 375 ml.
- Apricots get over and wash. All damaged and spoiled fruits must be removed - they are not suitable for preservation!
- The fruits of apricots are pierced with a fork in different places, so that they are more quickly soaked with sugar.
- In an enamel bowl, the water is heated to 85-90 degrees. Apricots are dipped into it and blanched for about 2 minutes. Then the water needs to be drained.
Important! Apricot jam with stones is made only from firm, small fruits. If you take an over-ripe apricot, it will fall apart during cooking, and the bone itself will fall out of the flesh.
- In a separate container, they begin cooking the syrup from water and sugar. It must be boiled and boiled for 2 minutes. It is important to ensure that the syrup is not burnt, so it is constantly interfered with a wooden spoon.
- Blanched apricots pour the ready syrup and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Then turn off the stove, leave the jam for 8-10 hours - brew. During this time, apricots can be fed with sugar syrup and soften a little.
- At the end of this time, the jam is placed on medium heat, brought to a boil and boiled for a quarter of an hour. Everything, jam is ready. It remains to pour it into sterile jars and roll up.
Apricot preserves with seed kernels
Recipe for apricot jam with seed kernels
Exceptional taste and almond flavor has apricot jam with kernels from pits. If the cooking technology has not been violated, the kernels will not taste bitter and will only complement the taste of apricots.
- Apricots variety "Vladimirovka" (they have large kernels) - 1 kg;
- Sugar - 750 g
- Apricots are washed and cut into slices.
- After cleansing, the bones are not thrown away, but the kernels are split and removed.
- Apricot slices are placed in a bowl for cooking jam and covered with sugar. Within 4 hours they must be infused.
- Now you need to put the bowl on the fire (small) and bring the mixture to a boil. Then turn off and repeat the procedure. Boil the jam should be at least 5 minutes. During this process, it is stirred with a wooden spoon, so as not to burn.
- During the second cooking kernels are added to the jam.
- Now you can pour the jam in jars and roll up.
Apricot jam can be used in a variety of ways. They spread bread, eaten with pancakes, cheesecakes or pancakes, added to cakes and other pastries. In addition, if you get beautiful slices in jam, they can be used to decorate cakes and other desserts!