During breeding work with ducks X-11, a new breed was obtained - Temp. Ducks of a new species are distinguished by high productivity, excellent external qualities and unpretentiousness in care. During the short period of existence, Tempo ducks became one of the most sought-after in the farm.
Duck Tempo refers to the crosses. It was obtained as a result of the work of breeders. At the heart of the new species are ducks of breed X-11, which at one time were obtained from Cherry Valley. After the breeders bred the Tempo ducks, it became clear to them that in large and small farming they would gain great success - and that’s what happened. High productive qualities, tasty meat, egg production of females are highly appreciated by breeders.
Today, breeding work with the cross continues. There are two lines of sight: the parent M-2 and the father L-1.
- The maternal line M-2 is characterized by high growth of livestock. Females give a lot of eggs, there is a good hatchability of ducklings, their survival.
- The paternal line L-1 is distinguished by faster growth of ducks, which, among other things, have a greater body weight, the safety of young stock is also high.
Photo duck temp
Description of duck breed TempRead also these articles.
- Raspberry variety Glen Fine
- Greenhouse butterfly
- The best blue grapes with a description and photo
- Grape variety Amur
The build of a duck Pace - downed, proportional. The drake has a larger body than the female. The rib cage is not strongly protruding. Paws of orange color, average height. The tail is short. The wings are large, with a wide scope. The neck has a clear bend, rather long, as for a duck. The head is of medium size; an orange beak stands out on it as a bright spot. The eyes are dark, small.Interesting! Temp ducks differ in enhanced metabolism, therefore, all nutrients are absorbed with food. This, of course, has a positive effect on their appearance, well-being and productivity.
White plumage. Feathers fit snugly together, warming the bird even in cold weather. It is believed that temp ducks can be walked in winter due to the dense feathers. However, breeders still recommend walking them in winter only on sunny days when there is no ice and slush.
Characteristics of duck temp
Temp ducks are bred primarily for meat and eggs. They differ in quite good indicators in these two areas.
- Females weigh about 2.5 kg, males - more than 3 kg at the time of slaughter (50-55 days).
- The meat of ducks of the Pace breed is very tasty, medium-fat, without an unpleasant smell.
- Females have ripened and begin to lay eggs as early as 6 months. During the year, they give up to 150 eggs.
- About 90% of the eggs that females give are fertilized, so problems rarely arise with reproduction.
Photo ducklings temp
Features breeding ducksWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Automatic egg incubator
- How to store potatoes in the cellar
- Holstein breed of cows
- How to grow strawberries in the greenhouse all year round
Ducks of the Temp breed are usually bred by the incubator method - it is faster and gives more guarantees. The incubation period is 26-28 days. Withdrawal of young stock is about 70%. Ducklings are born resilient, unpretentious. Grow very quickly, although feeding plays a big role here.
- From birth, they are given a boiled egg.
- For 5 days of life include in the diet low-fat cottage cheese, chopped greens (nettle, dandelion, clover).
- From 7th day, boiled root vegetables are added to the ration.
- By day 10, youngsters can be transferred to garden and kitchen waste (well shredded). The egg shell is also included in the diet.
Bristles for ducklings Temp is very important. They are made from barley grits, boiled maize, whey or yogurt. They are added greens, roots. The number of times feeding depends on the age of the birds. Until the age of one week, food is given 8 times a day, up to 15 days - 7 times a day, up to 30 days - 6 times and up to 50 days - 5 times a day.
In addition to food, for successful rearing ducklings need to provide them with walks. For the first time, you can start walking the ducklings 5 days after the birth, but only with the mother-duck for 15-20 minutes. From a week old, you can let out for 40 minutes without being accompanied by your mother. From 12 days you can produce 4 times a day for 1.5 hours, well, and from 3 weeks they can fully walk all day and return to the meat service only in the evening.
Photo duck temp on a walk
Maintenance and care
Content ducks Tempo can hardly be called troublesome. If they were provided with the right conditions, they would eat little in the house and even litter would be much less. But what does the right conditions mean?
- The bird house is settling down so that all the ducks have enough space - they cannot be thronged, fights, rakes and other problems can start!
- Warming is done when the duck breed Tempo is bred throughout the year, and not seasonally.
- The room should have ventilation, lighting, bowls with food, water, comfortable bedding, sleeping roosts and a nest for eggs.
- If the bird is grown on a small farm or private farm, then it is desirable to provide walking for her. Moreover, it is worth making a small pond or access to it, so that the bird can feast on herbs and algae, then it will grow faster and feed consumption will decrease.
- On the walk and in the house for ducks of the Temp breed a good roof is made (on the walk only partial). It is necessary to understand that during bad weather these birds appreciate warmth, dryness and comfort not less than people!
- For the young, it is best to make a separate compartment in the house so that the adults do not peck and fight, and when the ducklings grow up, it will be possible to move them to the rest of the individuals.
- Ducks Temp love purity. They are kept in a clean poultry house, they also clean it from time to time. Bowls, drinkers, any accessories should be cleaned from time to time. And the house itself is disinfected 1-2 times a year from germs, diseases and pests.
How to feed ducks in winter, read our article - here.
Reviews of duck temp
Duck breed temp is in great demand. To care for them is sheer pleasure with their high productivity. Many farmers believe the breed is ideal, others just profitable.
- Alexey Gromov: “Ducks Tempo is a good breed for meat and eggs. I have been breeding for a whole year - there is enough meat for the whole family and for sale, but I just don’t know what to do with eggs, we have to work without incubation practically without switching off, because they don’t go for food ".
- Catherine the Generous: "The duck breed. Pace is unpretentious, simple. Of many new species, it is the only one that deserves praise. The birds are not loud, they behave quietly. I keep them in the backyard, I let them walk to the nearest pond - they all return home by evening - intelligent, intelligent, for those who do not need extra trouble fit. "
- Slava Lebedeva: "The meat of this breed is very tasty! As soon as I tried it with a friend, I immediately decided to make such ones too. It is tender, sweetish - what a good meaty should be. And the fat content is low as a bonus. Now, the new year is fried duck Pace. In the maintenance and breeding is not an expensive breed. "